Nominations for the 2018 Health and Medical category of the Sacramento Region Innovation Awards will split into two categories and submissions for deserving companies starts on June 1st. MedStart continues to serve as judges for the Health and Technology categories.
The submission period for the third annual Sacramento Region Innovation Awards, presented by Stoel Rives LLP, Moss Adams LLP and the Sacramento Business Journal, will open June 1, 2018.
Submissions here: https://www.sacramentoinnovationawards.com/submissions/
Qualifying entries will be accepted via online submission through July 20, 2018.
Splitting into Two Categories:
The Medical and Health category will split into two: MedTech and BioPharma categories.
On the redefined Medical and Health submission areas, Matt Bethards, a patent attorney with Stoel Rives, suggested that “medical technologies and devices have very different paths to market compared to biotechnologies and pharmaceuticals.” He further stated the separate categories will “create more level playing fields for the applicants in each distinct group, considering the rigorous evaluation process used by our expert judges.”
Previous Winners: Medical & Health Technologies & Services Category
- Automated Data Entry Process Technology (ADEPT) by Applied Science, Inc. (2017 Winner)
- B. infantis by Evolve Biosystems (2016 Winner)
- Device for Non-Invasive Fetal Oximetry by Raydiant Oximetry, Inc. (2017 Finalist)
- KILI Medical Drain Carrier by Kili Summit Corporation (2017 Finalist)
- Osteo-P HCCP by Molecular Matrix, Inc. (2016 Finalist)
- ViVita Process & ViVita BP by ViVita Technologies, Inc. (2016 Finalist)